Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A truly golden moment

So I've been on the hunt for the truly golden moment and as soon as I get back to the states I can resume the impossible. Anyway, more on that later.
Montreal, home of Canadian metal and real metal fans, home of the worst catering on tour and most importantly, home of Phillipe Holland...a friend who I haven't seen in 19 years. Oh yeah...catering is not good at all so I have to bare the details quickly.
Cold, half cooked pasta, sausage and some other crap. Sorry, I usually don't complain and I did eat it because someone did invest time and energy into feeding us but, the bottom line here is that it sucked comparatively speaking as all other catering has been excellent.
Fast forward to set time..the crowd is totally feeling us and I actually stand up to rile them in a break during "Beer Pressure" (a song about talking your friends into getting drunk with you), it was a great opening set as we honored yesterday's G.Forbid bail out and played first today.
"Dave!" I hear Phil's voice. "I got here a little late but I made it" he said. How exciting, we caught up on the past, between and other topics, it was great.
Phil and his brother Francis moved to my town (Hazlet, NJ) in middle school when I was only a Metallica obsessed maniac and turned me on to the following. Rush, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Nomeansno, Dead Kennedy's, Ramones, Dinosaur Jr, Big Black and I'm pretty sure there were some crucial others as well. Needless to say, looking at the list mentioned above it did wonders for my small and eagerly growing musical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment