Thursday, September 24, 2009

RVA



has an array of great restaurants and talented people. Tonight I ate at the new Balliceaux (pronounced Bali-so) and it was fantastic.
I left my camera home, so visual evidence this time. I started with a Butter Lettuce Salad. Among the greens were shaved brussels sprouts, figs and pickled shallots. The flavor combo was on point. The main attraction was hanger steak, medium w/mushroom drippings, cider slaw and grilled squash/zucchini. The steak practically melted away on contact, tender, juicy and everything delicious. Dessert was a truffle trio. Jalapeno, with just enough zing, Hazelnut that ate like a cake and Rosemary that was real delicate and smooth. To quote Bruce Dickinson from The Number of The Beast, "I'm coming back...I will return".
Balliceaux is also handsomely decorated and furnished with all recycled/reformed materials. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment